Dentures – Your Key to a New Smile
Custom-made removable or permanent dentures restore your smile by replacing missing teeth. Losing your teeth to gum disease, tooth decay, or trauma can have a significant impact on your appearance and your health. Without teeth, your facial muscles sag and make you look older. Replacing missing teeth with dentures not only restores your facial contour and your confidence, it also improves your oral health by giving you back your ability to chew normally. With new dentures, you can enjoy a fuller life and a beautiful, bright smile.
Denture Types for Every Need
Various types of affordable quality dentures can be created depending on your individual needs. With all the options available, it’s easy for your dentist to find the best dentures to fit your lifestyle and your budget.
- Conventional full removable dentures replace all of your teeth. They are created and placed after any remaining teeth are extracted.
- Immediate dentures are removable appliances that are placed on the same day your remaining teeth are extracted. The primary benefit of immediate dentures is that you don’t have to be without teeth during the healing period.
- Overdentures are created if a small number of your teeth are salvageable and can be used to support the denture and preserve your jawbone. Dental implants placed into the jawbone may also be used to anchor permanent dentures into place.
Denture Care Tips
- Remove and brush your dentures daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Be sure to also clean your mouth, gums, inside your cheeks, and tongue.
- Before brushing, rinse your dentures to remove debris.
- Store your dentures in water when you aren’t wearing them to prevent warping.
- Use denture adhesives with the ADA Seal of Acceptance only, and follow all instructions carefully.
It may take a few weeks to become accustomed to wearing new dentures. They may feel loose, and you may experience mouth irritation or tenderness. If discomfort persists, or you have questions about your dentures, see your dentist.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Thorndale, call Gentle Dental of Thorndale today at (610) 590-1798 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Thorndale. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Thorndale, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Thorndale.