Dentures – The Classic Solution for Tooth Loss
Without your teeth, your health, your smile and your self-confidence can suffer. If you’ve lost your natural teeth because of disease or injury, you may have trouble eating and talking properly. You might even notice that the shape of your face looks different because of the missing bone structure. Traditional dentures can eliminate these problems and give you new reasons to smile proudly. With a little help from an affordable dentist and a brief adjustment period, you can eat, talk and look like you did before.
Your new dentures may feel strange for the first few weeks. Minor soreness or irritation is common, and you may experience mild difficulty eating and speaking while your oral muscles learn to adapt. As you adjust, these problems will go away. Be sure to keep your follow-up appointments, so your dentist in Thorndale can make any needed adjustments or address any problems.
4 Types of Dentures
- Immediate dentures are inserted the same day your teeth are removed, so you won’t have to go without teeth during the healing period. It may be necessary to reline or remake the dentures after healing is complete.
- Full removable dentures are fitted into your mouth after your remaining teeth are extracted, and your mouth has healed. It may take several months to complete the process.
- To improve jaw stability, a few natural teeth are sometimes left in place and prepared for an appliance to fit over them; these appliances are known as overdentures. If no natural teeth remain, implants can serve as anchors for overdentures.
- Permanent dentures that cannot be removed may also be an option. An affordable dentist can help you decide.
- Rinse your dentures to remove debris before brushing. Brush your dentures as well as your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth each morning to help stimulate blood flow and eliminate plaque.
- Store your dentures in water to prevent warping when they’re not in use.
- Carefully follow instructions on dental adhesive products.
- Visit your dentist in Thorndale regularly to ensure a consistent fit.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Thorndale, call Gentle Dental of Thorndale today at (610) 590-1798 or make an appointment.
Gentle Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Thorndale. With 14 affiliated practices in the Greater Philadelphia area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Gentle Dental of Thorndale, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Gentle Dental of Thorndale.